Monday, July 18, 2005

Self-emersion

And you know the other thing that bugs me about the web? It stiffles your individuality. Yes, stiffles. It does. At times, everyone all ends up sounding the same. Anonymous. I swear, sometimes one comment thread will look as though it's composed all by the same person, having an elaborate and imaginary conversation with himself.

How very odd. How very very queer. And at the same time, how mundane and homogenous.

And you know, what is most annoying of all? When you start writing that formulaic net-speak. Dammit. I have to do enough of that at work as it is (formulaic that is). Sometimes, I would rather write a manual then write the tripe that genius would appear to demand.

On the other hand, who needs a manual when there is google.

See what I mean? You just can't escape the damn thing. The world wide web, for all it's altruism, could be the ruin of us all.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site
Meter