Monday, November 29, 2004

News flow

News becomes stale so fast. It's really heart rending. I mean, a bunch of people die and the pain is no less significant a week later and yet a week later it's almost untouchable, nobody is going to be blogging it, they'll be blogging the "next big thing".

This morning whales are stranded, rioting Palm Islanders are facing court, craters are quaking, robotic spacecraft are plummeting onto the surfaces of distant moons, Ukrainians will not be moved ... and yet by 11am in the office this morning I'll probably hear someone pipe up from behind their monitor "oh, Yushchenko said such and such" and by then I'll be like (silently to myself) "didn't that happen yesterday?". Then I'll think, well it's a shame really, how fast it all moves, issues swept up one moment and the next left for flotsam.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site
Meter