Thursday, October 20, 2005

Arrest me update

No idea what I would think of this man in real life, but his press statements are making him my favourite imam. He's offering himself up for arrest as well.

I'll take rap: Sheik Taj el-Din al Hilaly

The prominent imam Sheik Taj el-Din al Hilaly has urged the Federal Government to scrap its proposed terrorism laws, saying he will personally guarantee there are no terrorist attacks here and happily go to jail if he is wrong...


He says:

"We have people in Australia who hold views that are extreme or radical. Just because they have extreme thoughts doesn't mean they will put them into action.

"And putting them in jail when they are innocent will breed hatred. That's why these laws are dangerous for Australia and Australian society."


Exactly.

And his pledge:

"My view is that there are no terrorists but there are extremists. If any act of terrorism does occur, I will be responsible and I'm ready to go to jail." more


Me too.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site
Meter