Tuesday, March 08, 2005

oh. my. gawd.

Trainspotting in Baghdad.

I wish I could just leave the TV and close my eyes and try to doze off. But I can't do that because I'm using the electric generator which I have to turn off before I go to sleep. And it's not that I'm scared of the dark, but I get anxious...

it gets better, in morose kind of way...

Nahida has been moody ever since I got back. I hope she stays like that, I can't stand her most of the time when she's perky. Her brother got sent to jail by the Americans shortly after I left... I once spent a few days in an iraqi jail. It wasn't traumatising, I think everybody around me was bribed. Nahida brought me my meals every day. When I got sent there I was very drunk and woke up with a terrible hang-over. Those were the days I used to pop...

it just goes on...

...but the toilets weren't your regular stools. Nope it had to be... the dreaded hole in the ground deal. Uptil then I had somehow avoided making use of them. So with a full fledged hangover and my pants pulled down I crouched above....

and on....

These nicotine patches seemed to work in the beginning, but now I'm having my doubts. Maybe it's because of the cheap cigarettes that contain really nasty additives made in a place with no regulatory body supervises...

and on...

...A couple of days ago I heard that barbers have been threatened if they use their hair plucking with a string technique... They use the technique to remove the upper cheak of a man's beard, I tried once...

best blog i have read in ages.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site
Meter