Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Predictable to the point of absurdity

This is one of those posts where my eyes rolled so far back into my head after reading Howard's latest proclamation that I could fair see my braincells throwing up their membranes in unison and shrugging their nuclei in pantomimic disbelief. Because really I am surprised less by the declaration then by the fact that one man's government can produce so many dull falsehoods.

"The government has received specific intelligence and police information this week which gives cause for serious concern about a potential terrorist threat," he told reporters in Canberra.

Mr Howard said he could not comment further about the information he received and would not say whether the intelligence advice had come from Australian or other authorities.

As a result Mr Howard said part of the new anti-terror laws will be introduced to parliament today. more


Thank you chicken little. And when the sky falls I will be greatful that it has fallen on a head curtailed of civil liberty because I can think of no better way to forfeit my conscience then by charging windmills.

Update: at this point my pupils, cast so permanently heavenward, might fool anyone into believing I suffered cataracts were it not that every second moment my iris (both) level at the latest fabrication before flicking beseechingly on god again (or where a god might dwell) giving me somewhat a mad appearance. I am certain that any moment now a more conscientious citizen will suspect I am not at all secure and report this behaviour. How very glad am I that soon laws will be in place to protect me from myself.

Targets 'filmed by suspects'
November 3, 2005 - 8:53AM

The new terrorist threat announced by the Government involved suspects filming... more

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site
Meter